Monday, April 30, 2012

Quinoa and Egg Mini Muffins

I cooked lots of goodies this weekend!  But took no pictures at all.  My favorite thing I made were quinoa and egg mini muffins.  I made 2 dozen and will be eating them for breakfast all week.  I based it on a recipe I found on this website. And stole a picture from there as well:

I swear...mine look JUST like this!  Cross my heart.
I modified mine a little.  Here's how I made them...

2 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked) -- I cooked mine in vegetable broth 
2 eggs
2 egg whites
1 cup zucchini, shredded
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
salt & pepper to taste
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Liberally spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray and spoon mixture to the top of each cup. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of the cups are golden brown. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the mini muffin tin.
They are delicious and have nearly 3 grams of protein per mini muffin!

Last, but not least, here is my meal plan for the week....

Sunday (yesterday): Eggplant parmesan
Monday: Fried rice with soy glazed tofu
Tuesday: Taco salad (a new Steve fav!)
Wednesday: out
Thursday: William's Birthday!!  William has requested "fancy meat" - which is filet.  I am going to get some bison filets.  William likes them still mooing, so they will be served extra rare for the birthday boy!
Chocolate mint cupcakes to follow.
Friday: Personal tortilla pizzas - I haven't decided what veggies will go on them yet
Saturday: Salmon (last week's salmon was bow tie pasta with salmon and pesto)

No comments:

Post a Comment