Friday, April 27, 2012

Black Bean Tortilla "Pizza"

WINNING!  Steve said, "You really nailed this one - I am a happy husband! I could eat 10 of these!!"  Check out the happiness:
Refusing to eat it as a pizza...but still good!
What caused the Usually Less Than Supportive of Kitchen Innovations Spouse to be so effusive?  (And, if you know Steve, you know that that's about as excited as he gets.)  Black Bean Tortilla Pizza!


I took a tortilla, put some of the black beans I made last week on it, a bit of shredded cheddar cheese and threw it into a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.  (The beans became the "sauce.")  Then,  I took it out and put some shredded lettuce on it, tortilla chip bits (they are purple, per William's request, so they don't show up well), a light splash of Ranch dressing, and salsa.  I meant it to be eaten as little personal pizzas, but Steve sort of folded his in half and ate it as a taco.  I ate mine the RIGHT way.  The PIZZA way.  But we can't all be as awesome as I am.  So - eat it how you want.  Just know...you're doing it wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment