Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Greek Mahi Mahi (a Jess post)

Even though I had this on my meal plan, I totally forgot to take the fish out of the freezer this morning. I was dreading finding something for dinner all afternoon and even contemplated takeout, but it was such a lovely day and I really thought dinner had to reflect that. So I took the fillets out, tossed them in a plastic bag & submerged them in water for about 20 minutes. Voila! Ready to rock & roll as they say. I found this recipe in Gourmet several years ago (sniff... Gourmet... how I miss you) and I've made it about a billion times since, tweaking as I go. It's delicious, simple, and pretty. Can't beat it.

Ingredients:
2 mahi mahi fillets
1 T feta cheese
1 T mayonnaise
1/2 lemon (divided into 1/2 T juice and 4 thin slices)
1/2 T finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/4 tsp freshly cracked pepper

Preheat oven to 425 and lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Combine the feta, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mint, dill and pepper in a small bowl. Lay the mahi mahi fillets in the baking dish and top each with half of the feta mixture. Lay two lemon slices on top of each fillet. Bake approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through.


I served mine tonight with lemon garlic orzo, a mini Greek salad, and some crisp white wine out on our back deck. Bliss. And yes, both of the boys loved it- it's almost impossible not to! SO GLAD I decided against takeout!!

No comments:

Post a Comment