Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Meal Plan

By Cory
Tomorrow starts The Big Change in our diet to shift to being more fully anti-inflammatory.  And I am exhausted.  I have been in the kitchen all night!  (While Steve mopes around on the couch complaining that his tummy hurts.)  I made Serious oatmeal pancakes.  I'm actually a little scared of them.  They are 100% oatmeal - no flour at all.  They are weirdly thick and I have a sneaking suspicion that while the outside in almost to the point of overdone, the inside is not cooked at all.  I will find out for sure tomorrow at 6AM.  I got frozen berries that I am going to leave out all night to thaw to put on top.  For my morning snack at work, I made a trail mix out of toasted walnuts, pepitas, and chopped up dried apricots.  I am hoping to have some leftovers for lunches, but will otherwise be eating tuna on top of mixed greens with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing and some fruit and veg.  All of that is now prepared and waiting for me.  And Steve is SUPER pissed that I "destroyed the kitchen" and says he will not clean it up.  He's probably totally fine and faking his ailment to get out of kitchen cleaning.  This week's dinner meal plan includes...

Monday: Tofu and veggie stir fry (going back to white rice in an attempt to lure Steve into the fold)
Tuesday: Pan seared salmon with roasted root veggies (quick story on why Whole Foods is awesome: I have never made beets and misunderstood the beet pricing.  So when checking out, the checkout guy - super cute, btw - says the beets are sold by the bunch.  I was all, "Oh, ya know, I've never made beets before and I am a little intimated about buying a giant bushel of them, so I'll just put it back."  And he says, "You've never made beets?  Here - it's free, go try beets!  They're so good!" And then proceeded to give me a cool recipe on preparing the greens!  FREE BEET!  What what!)
Wednesday: Soup with rice noodles, veggies, and a few thin slices of chicken
Thursday: out! (this will be a challenge, but I refuse to give up my one night of not cooking...)
Friday: Spaghetti (still using up that sauce!)
Saturday: Taco salad with black beans and corn

No comments:

Post a Comment