Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Totally in Flames

They say bread is life. And I bake bread, bread, BREAD.

But - I have been sucking hard core at this whole anti-inflammatory diet business.  I've been doing pretty well about limiting the meat.  But, limiting my delicious, delicious homemade french bread is HARD.  And, don't get me started on my success with limiting dairy and sugar.  Oh, chocolate, sweet nectar of the gods...why must you torture me with your creamy goodness?

So, I am seriously buckling down.  I even called my doctor for a referral to a nutritionist to help me meal plan (as would be expected, she hasn't called me back...the only thing worse than doctors are dentists).  I have been eating my way through all the delicious foods I have in the house so I can restock with anti-inflammatory foods (I'm talking to you, super yummy brownies I had in the freezer).  Steve is not as committed. He goes, "can't we just eat the good stuff now and then die of cancer later?"  William is pretty much OUT.  I told him what was allowed on the anti-inflammatory diet, and he goes, "I'll just drink water."  So, William will clearly be do a modified version.

As a last hurrah before really going at it, I am making chocolate chip cookie covered Oreos for a friend's birthday tomorrow.  I will report the hell out of how good those are.  Then, you should expect sad, sad posts about vegetables and fish....and tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment