Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tofu and Veggie Stir Fry

By Cory
Well, Day 1 on the hard core anti-inflammatory diet has come and gone.  And it wasn't easy.  Kinda sucked, really.  It doesn't help that William's Easter baskets are sitting around the house staring at me.  But I stood strong!  

So - the oatmeal pancakes were a MAJOR fail. Like...an inedible fail.  SO GROSS I can't even stand to look at them fail.  I had carrots, an apple, and a salad of greens and tuna for lunch.  Did not cover me.  For dinner, I made tofu and veggie stirfry.  It turned out pretty well! Steve said it was good - AND that the tofu was good!  He even willingly took leftovers for lunch today!


I  drained and pressed the tofu, then sliced it and browned it in some grapeseed oil.  Then I removed it from the pan (and let the chunks sit in a bowl with soy sauce) and added chopped up broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, and mushrooms and cooked them until they were slightly softened.  Then I added the tofu and soy sauce back to the pan and heated it all up until it was hot.  Then served it over rice.

For a snack later that night, I had air popped popcorn.  Today has gone significantly better.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting into the swing of things or if it was because I had to go to the dentist this morning so my tummy was all knotted with anti-dentite anxiety.  But, I had an egg white omelet for breakfast, leftover tofu stir fry for lunch, and am making salmon for dinner.  And - let me tell ya, I can breath out of my nose today and I am totally off all allergy meds.  Winning!  (It could be because it's all cold today, but things are still blooming and thinking that my diet is helping is keeping me strong...so don't rain on my parade.)

No comments:

Post a Comment