Monday, April 2, 2012

Oatmeal Pancakes

My quest for a relatively healthy, hearty breakfast has kicked off to great success!  I made a double batch of oatmeal pancakes yesterday and reheated a couple for breakfast this morning, along with some fruit.  SO GOOD!  And, I think pretty darn easy! I'll share the regular recipe - it doubles nicely....

1/2 cup whole wheat white flour
1/2 cup oats
1 TBSP sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup whole milk (or buttermilk, but I didn't have any)
1 tsp vanilla
2 TBSP canola oil
1 egg

Put the oats in a food processor and whir the crap out of them until it's the consistency of flour.  Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Pulse to combine.  Pour in milk, vanilla, oil, and egg. Process until smooth.

It was pretty runny, so I poured it into a liquid measuring cup for easy pouring.  It was so runny, I was actually a bit nervous.  It may be thicker if you used buttermilk?  In any case, they ended up turning out perfectly.  A breakfast to look forward to all week!!




No comments:

Post a Comment