Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Gluten Free Chocolate Chips Cookies

The fricassee was a major fail tonight.  But, I am happy to report that my relatively healthy, gluten free chocolate chip cookies are DELICIOUS!!  Steve has eaten 5 of them already.  He says they are just plain good cookies - i.e., they don't taste "healthy."


I based the recipe off one that I found on one of my new favorite blogs Chocolate Covered Katie.

1 1/2 cups rolled oats (make sure to use gluten free if you want to make sure they are gluten-less)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 TBSP brown sugar
1-2 TBSP honey (I used 2 and they are pretty sweet)
2 TBSP oil of your choice (I used olive oil since I always have it on hand)
2-3 TBSP of milk or milk substitute (I used almond milk)
Small handful chocolate chips

Blend first 4 ingredients in food processor.  Mix in other ingredients.  Put spoonfuls onto baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes at 375.  Makes a dozen.

I also forgot to show you what Wm is eating this week!  Here is Wm's bento:

Back left: blue tortilla chips that Wm picked out
Back right: broccoli
Front left: black beans, cookie (recipe above)
Front right: strawberries

After this week, we will have eaten up the GIANT pot of black beans I made.  Now I have to think of something for next week!  I think I am going with sardines. Wm loves sardines!!  What a weirdo.




No comments:

Post a Comment