Monday, April 16, 2012

Lemon Parsley Chicken (a Jess post)


I had written out a whole clever back story about how I have no idea where this recipe card came from. That I've had it in every kitchen I've ever occupied since I moved away from home a billion or so years ago and yet I've never actually MADE it and so I finally felt compelled when I ran across it this weekend! But blogger lost my post. STUPID BLOGGER. And I don't have the energy or desire to re-create. Just know that it was wrought with hilarity and wit and would probably have been the best thing you have EVER read. I'm sorry for your loss. So here is the recipe (and honestly- you should try it before it hangs out in your kitchen for 15 years. It's GOOD.)

Ingredients:
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lemon, divided into squeezed juice and grated rind
3 T flour
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2" pieces
3 T olive oil
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 1/2 c chicken broth
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 T fresh or freeze dried parsley
salt & pepper

Combine flour, lemon rind & garlic in large bowl. Add chicken and toss until coated. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat and add chicken, reserving remaining flour mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned- about 10 minutes. Whisk together the reserved flour mixture, broth, sugar, and ginger. Add to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce reduces, about 5 minutes. Combine mustard and lemon juice. Add to skillet and stir until heated through. Add parsley, salt & pepper. Serve over hot rice or egg noodles.


Everyone loved it. The lemon flavor was bright and not at all overpowering. And since it didn't contain a single vegetable, Drew was beside himself with glee. I'll have to start working through the rest of my old and forgotten recipes. This vintage thing was a gem didn't

No comments:

Post a Comment