Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Weekly Bento

This is William's favorite lunch yet!!  He came home with nothing in his lunchbox but scraps.  Which threw me for a loop since he usually has lunch leftovers for his after school snack.  So I had to come up with a good snack in a hurry!

Back left: blue tortilla chips
Back right: corn
Front left: spelt flour chocolate zucchini mini muffin
Middle: sardines
Front right: trail mix of sesame sticks and dried cherries

William goes, "I love sardines!  Fish is brain food!"  His lunchbox did smell a bit...well, fishy, when he got home from school.  But, you can't beat the Omega-3's and calcium in sardines!  And, we have to find creative ways for William to get calcium since he's off all dairy.  And, that kid loves him some sardines.

Interesting dairy sidebar: It seems that once we cut it out and got William's tummy happy, that now even a little bit (what before would have been fine!) now hurts his tummy.  I made spaghetti for him the other night from leftover sauce I had frozen.  There was a tiny bit of parmesan cheese in there, but I thought it would be OK.  Nope.  A half hour later, he was on the couch saying his belly hurt.  I poisoned him again. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment