Sunday, May 20, 2012

Best Pancakes EVER. and a meal plan. (a Jess post)

So I know I posted about pancakes before. And I really did think that recipe was a winner. But I didn't have any buttermilk in the house today so I went searching for other options. And Oh. My. God. This is it. They were, literally, the best pancakes I ever had. And we ate them- ALL OF THEM- so fast that I don't even have a picture! And they were pretty! Here is the recipe so you can find out for yourself:

Ingredients:
1 c white all purpose flour
1/2 c whole wheat flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 T sugar
1 1/4 c milk
1 egg
3 T butter, melted

Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and then add the remaining ingredients. Stir until thoroughly incorporated. Heat oiled griddle over medium heat and ladle approximately 1/4 of batter onto griddle for each pancake. Brown on both sides.

The recipe was also extremely easy. AND it was the first time I got to use the built-in griddle on my new stove! And let me tell you... it was AWESOME! This was definitely an indulgence for me since I'm not supposed to be eating much "white" sugars and carbs, but since I mixed in some whole wheat, I didn't feel AS bad about it.

So here is my meal plan for this week:

Today (Sunday)- garlic lime roasted turkey and orange sweet potato chips, recipe to follow!
Monday- toasted black bean burritos with avocado sauce
Tuesday- (leftover) turkey noodle casserole, salad & sliced fruit
Wednesday- Big Salad with spinach, apples, raisins, roasted beets & toasted pecans
Thursday- slow cooker Spanish meatballs over brown rice
Friday- out
Saturday- Greek turkey burger pitas & zucchini parmesan hummus

No comments:

Post a Comment