Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Maple Dijon Chicken and Parmesan Snap Peas (a Jess post)

Last night's dinner was SO EASY. And by so easy, I'm talking I thought I must have missed a step or 3.  The best part is, it tasted like I had slaved away. So, of course, I pretended I did. :)

For the maple Dijon chicken:
1 lb. chicken thighs
1/2 c Dijon mustard
1/4 c good quality maple syrup
1 T rice vinegar
salt & pepper

Preheat the oven to 450 and line a baking dish with aluminum foil. Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt & pepper and arrange in the lined dish. Mix together the mustard, syrup and vinegar. Pour the mustard mixture on top of the chicken, turning to coat. Bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked through and starting to brown, basting once after 20 minutes.


For the Parmesan snap peas:
1/2 lb. snap peas, strings removed
1 T olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 T shredded Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 450. Toss the peas with the olive oil and garlic salt and place on a baking sheet. Bake approximately 10 minutes, or until they begin to soften and slightly brown. Sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts.


Drew actually said "this dinner is delicious!" Which comes VERY rarely from Drew and is therefore not something I take lightly! Looks like I found a new regular!


No comments:

Post a Comment