Monday, May 14, 2012

No-Bake Granola Bars

The quest for the perfect granola bar may be over!  These are GOOD.  They taste like buckeyes to me.  It's like a snack/dessert.  Yum!!


I am going to try one thing this weekend and then, if it doesn't work, I will declare this the winner!  

2 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup roasted almond slivers
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt

Line a square baking pan lined with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray. 
In a medium bowl mix the oatmeal, wheat germ, flax, chips and nuts; set aside.
Melt peanut butter, honey, and molasses together in the microwave. Stir in vanilla and salt. 
Pour into dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Press into baking pan. Refrigerate until hardened.  Cut into squares and store into fridge until right before eating.

This weekend, I am going to try to use mashed dates as both a binder and a sweetener so I can make a no-sweetner added version! If it doesn't taste right, I'm going back to Old Faithful.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment