Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken (ANOTHER WINNER!)- a Jess post

I came home for lunch today and while I was there, I threw dinner in the crock pot. Tonight I adapted Martha Stewart's garlic chicken, a recipe I actually originally found on Pinterest.

Instead of a whole yellow onion, I used half of a red one (because that is what I happened to have in the fridge). Instead of halved garlic cloves, I used about a tablespoon and a half of jarred chopped garlic. I only had 3/4 of a cup of white wine left so I added 1/4 cup of chicken broth. I used the awesome freeze dried parsley instead of fresh again. And I apparently totally forgot to buy couscous to I served it over white rice.

The only annoying part of making this dish was browning the chicken in the oil before putting it in the crock pot, and that is really only because I had to go back to work and I left smelling like grease. (contrary to popular belief, that is not generally what I smell like). But I came home to the most incredible smells and to not have to do anything besides make some rice and steam some Brussels sprouts was PRICELESS.

And then look how it turned out!


It was so pretty, I actually felt like we were eating at a fancy restaurant. And it was DELICIOUS. Both of the guys loved it. Griffin actually got his own little wing (bones removed, of course). I was so excited that I made brownies from scratch as a treat. We're on a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment