Friday, March 23, 2012

herb stuffed prosciutto-wrapped chicken (a Jess post)

It was 80 degrees and gorgeous outside today. The last thing I wanted to do was crank my oven up to 400... but it's Colorado, and since we never know what the weather is going to be, the prosciutto wrapped chicken was on my meal plan.

I originally found this recipe in this month's issue of Real Simple. I'd link it, but I couldn't find it on their website. I've actually never had prosciutto before (I know- I've been living under a rock) and I was intrigued so I gave it a go. I changed a few of Real Simple's ingredients... Not As Simple, I guess.

Ingredients:
4 slices prosciutto
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 T softened (room temp) butter
1 tsp chopped jarred garlic
1/4 tsp freeze dried parsley
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
salt & pepper
olive oil

Preheat oven to 400. Lay the prosciutto slices on a baking sheet and put a chicken thigh on each one. Mix the butter, garlic, parsley and rosemary and distribute evenly between 4 chicken thighs.


Sprinkle each thigh with salt and pepper. Roll chicken and prosciutto together and lay seam side down on baking sheet.

Drizzle with olive oil and bake until cooked through (approximately 20 minutes). Voila!


I served mine with steamed rainbow chard. It was actually SUPER quick and easy to make. It reminded me of a much simpler chicken Kiev (only with pork instead of breading). I thought it was pretty good and the guys LOVED it. Well, Drew hated the rainbow chard, but he loved the chicken and actually ate two rolls! I split my roll with Griffin which he was fine with, though he kept begging for more chard! Funny kid. And as it turns out, I like prosciutto! It got nice & crispy and added a great salty, more complex flavor. Though I am wondering if I would have actually liked it better with bacon (I'm such a bacon girl...) Maybe I'll try that next time!

I'm glad I got to make Drew happy tonight since tomorrow's dinner will have LOTS of veggies! Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment