Saturday, March 17, 2012

Hello from Cory!

Hello and welcome to our blog!  This is...clearly...my first post. If you want more info about me, feel free to click "About Us" and check me out.  Right now, my cooking is mostly focused on trying to be healthy - by trying to match an anti-inflammatory diet as closely as possible (which will probably end up being not that closely at all!)  After an awful cold/flu season and a visit to my doctor, she suggested a bunch of dietary supplements (probiotics, Vitamins D and B-5 complex, fish oil, calcium, magnesium, a multi, and astragalus) and an anti-inflammatory diet.  Since I also have allergies and asthma, this should also help with those things.  If you're not familiar with an anti-inflammatory diet, here is the pyramid:
I figure I'll give it a go!  It will challenge my sweet tooth and my love of baking - neither of which I will completely forgo (life's not worth living without chocolate cupcakes now and then!)  My other big challenge is feeding these guys - especially the little one:


Figuring out what to pack in my son, William's, lunch that he will eat and is relatively healthy...is difficult to say the least!  I'll try to post weekly what we are putting in his lunches.  He usually eats the same thing all week since he's not a big fan of change!

I'll also try to post our weekly meal plan and then update with what's good, what worked, and what didn't!

This week in William's lunch:
1. all natural chicken nuggets
2. organic fruit leather
3. baby carrots
4. "super" crackers (with broccoli!)
5. organic cheese cubes
6. 100% fruit/vegetable juice 

And now, the meal plan...
Sunday: Sesame Ginger Baked Tofu with brown rice and roasted brussel sprouts. A new recipe!
Monday: Tuna Burgers - another new recipe! With raw cauliflower and green salad.
Tuesday: crock pot spaghetti sauce over angle hair pasta with green salad
Wednesday: Soup with shrimp and soba noodles...and whatever vegetables look good at Whole Foods
Thursday: out!
Friday: Tacos with soy crumbles and corn
Saturday: lemon butter salmon with brown rice and steamed broccoli

I am excited to try the sesame ginger tofu and tuna burgers!  I will report on their success...or failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment