Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bravo Salmon

I hit up ye olde Whole Foods today for lunch and they were having a sale on Alaskan sockeye salmon.  Bingo.  I really like the grilled salmon at Bravo Italian Kitchen so I tried to recreate it at home.  I think I did pretty well!

I served it with a raw veggie platter on the table too.
I cooked the salmon in foil pockets, then opened them up and put the crumb topping on (panko bread crumbs, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, parsley flakes, thyme, salt and pepper) and cooked it for another few minutes to crisp it up.  The big difference between mine and Bravo's is that I left off the capers (barf) and the cream sauce (delicious...but probably not too good for you!)  Steve and Wm both liked it - Wm's was crumb topping-less, of course!  I wanted to make fried sweet potatoes to go with it, but we are still having water issues, so I served leftover brown rice and a raw veggie platter.  Steve will be taking our sink apart this evening to see what is going on.  He is super intense about also watching the season finale of Walking Dead we have DVRed, but I am making the sink a priority.  He threw a temper tantrum last night because the power went out for the initial taping of the Walking Dead and we had to wait for the re-air.  I will not be able to walk to my car without checking for zombies tomorrow morning in the new daylight savings darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment