Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Creamy Spring Pasta (and success!!)- a Jess post

The most exciting news in my kitchen this evening was that Drew finished his project! (thank god) so I can go back to using the room like normal! We have a cubby with two shelves above the lower cabinets on one side of the kitchen. Prior to this week, the shelves were a horrible shade of mauve Formica that made me want to die. (as an aside, until recently, Drew pronounced mauve like "mauthe" which I found interesting) I have spent the past several months angry at the people that owned this house in 1960-whatever as they made the ENTIRE place pink. And I mean everything, inside and out (it is unbelievable where we are finding shades of rose). I even assigned them a back story- they clearly owned stock in Pepto Bismol and were trying to honor the sludge that brought them their livelihood. Drew, on the other hand, just decided to take it upon himself to fix it... and fix it, he did. It is GORGEOUS!

right after Drew completed the mosaic project
with my beloved microwave and cookbooks piled back on top. Ahhh... HOME.
So the completion of this project made my meal making FAR less stressful this evening (although Griffin decided to put on quite the temper tantrum extravaganza as I finished up). BUT... we have a winner!!!

Tonight I made creamy spring pasta that I adapted from this Cooking Light recipe. Instead of using torn baguette, I just used regular breadcrumbs and I skipped toasting them. I also used linguine instead of fettuccine, dried tarragon instead of fresh, and shallot instead of onion (we all know how Drew feels about onion).

But it was phenomenal!!


With the peas and asparagus, it was the perfect recipe to welcome the first day of spring. Its thick, creamy, cheesy sauce made for incredible comfort food. And you know what? Both of my boys LOVED IT! Drew actually went back for seconds!! I am on a cooking high, people! This recipe will definitely make it on the regular rotation at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment