Monday, June 4, 2012

Grilled Garlic Herb Salmon (a Jess post)

I happened upon this recipe while surfing Pinterest and it looked really simple and summery so I thought I'd give it a try. It was DELICIOUS, really healthy, and is my favorite way of cooking salmon so far.

Ingredients:
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tsp herbs de Province
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
2 T Dijon mustard
2-4 6 oz salmon fillets
salt & pepper

Heat your charcoal or gas grill and coat the grate with oil or cooking spray. In a food processor, combine the garlic, herbs de Province, vinegar, oil & mustard until it forms a thick sauce or paste and set aside. Sprinkle the salmon with salt & pepper to taste and then place on the grill skin side up, cover the grill, and cook for 5 minutes. Turn and spoon the mustard sauce onto the salmon. Cover the grill and cook another 3-4 minutes. Turn again, spoon more sauce on top and cook a minute longer.


I served this with grilled asparagus and a tossed salad out on the back patio. Ahhh, summer. And both of the boys really liked it too! Score!

my tiny food critic
my taller dining partner. he was happy, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment