Monday, June 4, 2012

Cory's Meal Plan

I have been super lazy recently.  I have not had the desire (or time!) to cook much.  And, when I have, it's been a horrendous failure.  Rachel Ray screwed me last night.  I found a recipe of hers for turkey sloppy joes that sounded good.  Not so much.  Neither Steve nor I could stomach bringing in the leftovers for lunch and just pitched them.  Frozen burritos sounded better.  That bad.  I have high hopes for this week, though!  I'm going easy, fast, and yummy.  And cheap.  Hopefully. I have been spending way to much on food recently!

Sunday: disgusting turkey sloppy joes of horror
Monday: brinner! (pancakes, turkey bacon, and fruit salad) We skipped this last week, so it's reappearing
Tuesday: vegan mushroom stroganoff.  Will keep you posted - it's a new recipe.
Wednesday: picnic platter.  This is one of our favorite meals.  I set out a giant platter that has veggies, fruit, crackers, cheeses, and broiled chicken shreds.  Everyone just picks off it and eats what they want.
Thursday: out
Friday: salmon burgers and oven fries
Saturday: Cory Pockets.  I am going to take all the leftovers from picnic platter and stuff them into a puff pastry.  Should be fast and easy - and a good way to use up leftover cut-up veggies, cheese, and chicken! Hopefully they are nothing like Hot Pockets.  Oh, Hot Pockets, you were so awesome in college - the Dinner of Champions.  I am old and you now disgust me.  What was I thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment